[Python-Dev] (Not) delaying the 3.2 release

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Sep 16 08:16:47 CEST 2010

On 9/15/2010 8:55 PM, Jacob Kaplan-Moss wrote:

> To try (again) to make things concrete here:
>
> I didn't work to get Django running on Python 3.0 because it was just too slow.

Soon after 3.0 was released, it was discovered and acknowledged thay the
new I/O has some speed problems. (Why not discovered sooner? Because the
people who had the use cases that exposed it did not run them on the
alpha or beta ;-). It was quickly fixed and 3.1 was released earlier
than planned it order to get the fix out.  Otherwise, 3.x should be
about the same speed as 2.x. If you know of other, specific, unreported
problems, clue us in.

> I'm not working to get Django running on Python 3.1 because I don't
> feel confident I'll be able to put any apps I write into production.

Why not? Since the I/O speed problem is fixed, I have no idea what you
are referring to.  Please do be concrete.

--
Terry Jan Reedy