[Python-Dev] Some news from my sandbox project

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Sep 20 00:55:55 CEST 2010

Victor Stinner wrote:

> By "program" you mean a "process"?

No, I mean whatever *you* meant by "program" when you said
that different programs could otherwise interfere with each
other. If you have conceptually separate programs running
in the same interpreter that need to be isolated, each one
should run in its own sandbox with its own __builtins__ dict.

 > should I create a new copy of __builtins__ for each
> frame?

No, not for each frame, just for each computation that needs
to be isolated.

--
Greg