[Python-Dev] Python 2.7 Won't Build

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Sep 20 20:05:27 CEST 2010

On 9/20/2010 10:31 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
> I see that the configure file has some architecture choices
> (--with-universal-archs=ARCH) but no explanation about the
> consequences.
>
> Can anyone explain the two different "default" installations I got?

At the moment, this appears to be question about "how do I use (build) a
current release" rather than a bug report or "how do we develop
(improve) future releases" question. As such, it seems a bit more
appropriate for python-list. In any case, there are expert gcc/unix
builders and users there who might be able to answer your question.

--
Terry Jan Reedy