[Python-Dev] Fwd: Builder: x86 Windows7 3.x OpenSSL compile error

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 22:42:10 CEST 2010

Hirokazu Yamamoto <ocean-city at m2.ccsnet.ne.jp> writes:

> Hello. I've sent following mail to buildbot manager,
> but I found that buildbot page saids the problem of unsable
> bot should be sent to python-dev at python.org. So I'll do it.

(I'm fine with direct email for any of my build slaves, and it's
probably the quickest way to get me to pay attention, but this issue
has been around a bit and likely also of general interest)

Nice catch on this - the Win7 3.x branch has failed to build OpenSSL
for a bit now and I hadn't figured out why.  Flushing out the OpenSSL
tree hadn't fixed it, and it was weird that it didn't happen on XP,
nor did the pre-1.0 OpenSSL releases have a problem on Win7.  So I was
thinking it might just be an issue with OpenSSL.  I hadn't even
thought of the possibility of it being the assembler.

I've bumped the slave up to the latest nasm (2.09.02) and restarted
the most recent build and it's gotten past the OpenSSL stage, so it
looks like 2.06 may be the specific bad version.  I guess I just
happened to construct this builder in the relative small interval when
2.06 was current.

Thanks again for figuring this out.

-- David