[Python-Dev] Goodbye

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Sep 23 04:38:28 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 18:24, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 19:18:35 -0400, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>> On 9/22/2010 6:47 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>>  > Now I understand that opinions over this may vary and involve multiple
>> > factors, but I would suggest that at least a bit of mentoring is needed
>> > if we want to give privileges early on.
>> > (and the amount of mentoring needed can vary wildly from one person to
>> > another)
>>
>> Mentoring would be easier if there were clearer and more complete
>> written guidelines. I was under the impression that this was being
>> worked on. It would also be easier if it were clearer who is/are the
>
> Brett is planning to work on it.  Because he is, I suspect everyone else
> is waiting for that, instead of working on it now.  Just one of those
> things.  (I believe his target is January-ish?)

Yep. I am planning on starting my two month PSF grant in January and
the first thing on the agenda is a complete rewrite of the developer
docs and moving them into the Doc/ directory (after that is managing
code in Python 2/3 HOWTO and then after that most likely testing
stuff, but maybe Python 3 stdlib fixes instead if that is deemed more
important).

-Brett