[Python-Dev] Goodbye

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Sep 23 09:18:49 CEST 2010

>> deputed tracker authority/ies. Not everyone has the same idea about how
>> to handle the various fields and processes. Who decides in cases of
>> disagreement?
>
> We discussed this a while back and I don't think we really have a tracker
> BD.  Brett and Martin come closest, but mostly we just sort of evolve
> a rough consensus.  I think once Brett reduces that operating consensus
> to a written document things will be clearer.

I personally think that the tracker fields and how they should be set is
of minor importance. If there is a bug in Python, the most useful
contribution is to submit a fix (or provide a rationale why this is not
a bug). Asking every now and then "is this still an issue", or setting
the version number, doesn't really advance the issue.

Regards,
Martin