[Python-Dev] Moving the developer docs?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 15:35:02 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> The practicality argument of being able to edit those docs without
> having to master a separate (pydotorg) workflow sounds quite strong to
> me.

This is the key point for me. For developer controlled stuff, the
easiest place to have it if we want it kept up to date is in the
source tree. Second best is the wiki. Having it off in a separately
managed repository (that exists for perfectly valid reasons, since a
lot of the content *isn't* developer controlled) is annoying.

That said, in this case, what's the advantage of the source tree over
the wiki? To include it in the main docs, so people reading them
offline can still see the contribution workflow?

Cheers,
Nick.