[Python-Dev] Python wiki

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Sep 23 18:41:59 CEST 2010

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:57:19 -0400
Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Sep 23, 2010, at 05:32 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>
> >I don't think they are a waste of time. However, as you and Dirkjan
> >pointed out, a wiki needs some "gardening" to take care of its
> >structure and its presentation. The present Python wiki isn't very
> >inviting graphically, and its structure doesn't look very thought out.
>
> I certainly agree with that.  So, how can we solve those problems?  Radomir
> has shell access now so perhaps we can ask him to make the Python wiki theme
> more visually appealing.  What roadblocks do people encounter when they want
> to help garden or reorganize the wiki?

Given that few or none of us seem to (want to) actively contribute to
the wiki, I'm afraid python-dev is not the place to ask.
Perhaps a call should be issued on c.l.py asking interested people to
subscribe to pydotorg (or any other list) and start there?

By the way, I've just looked at the wiki: there are 2 or 3 edits per
day. Compared to the size and vitality of the Python user community,
this is a ridiculously low number.

Regards

Antoine.