[Python-Dev] Goodbye

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Thu Sep 23 19:50:26 CEST 2010

Speaking as a frequent contributor of bug reports and an occasional
contributor of patches, I must say that I feel like status quo of the
tracker before Mark's work was discouraging. If there is a vast
collection of abandoned tickets, it gives me the strong impression
that my attempted contributions are likely to end up in that pile. The
messages I got from the tracker due to Mark's work saying things like
"This ticket is closed due to inactivity." or "Would you be interested
in refreshing this patch?" started to get me interested in
contributing again.

Also, I would like to point out that, not having read the other
traffic that this thread alludes to, either from earlier mailing list
threads or from IRC, I don't really understand what exactly Mark did
wrong. The complaints about his behavior on this thread seem to be a
little... non-specific. Did he continue to close tickets after he was
asked not to do so? I didn't see any quotes or timestamps showing what
happened or when.

Regards,

Zooko