[Python-Dev] Goodbye

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Sep 25 15:58:34 CEST 2010

Éric Araujo writes:
 > How about revamping the type/versions fields?
 >
 > Issue type () Feature request (blocked by moratorium: () yes () no)

I think the information about "blocked by moratorium" is not something
that users or devs will care about much.  The users can be informed
about the fact of the moratorium ("There is currently a feature
moratorium in effect.  If this feature is determined to be a change in
the language, it will not appear until Python 3.4 or later.  Changes
to the standard library functions are acceptable.  If no progress is
made on the issue in a reasonable time, you may request discussion on
python-dev at python.org.") in the reply page that confirms receipt of
the issue.

However, devs already know about the moratorium, and if there's a
question of interpretation it will be discussed on python-dev.  Users
only care that their request is (not) being addressed; the moratorium
is only one of many reasons why action is delayed.