[Python-Dev] Atlassian and bitbucket merge

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 15:26:03 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:36 PM,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> On 01:13 am, steve at holdenweb.com wrote:
>>
>> I see that Atlassian have just taken over BitBucket, the Mercurial
>> hosting company. IIRC Atlassian offered to host our issue tracking on
>> JIRA, but in the end we decided to eat our own dog food and went with
>> roundup.
>>
>> I'm wondering if they'd be similarly interested in supporting our Hg
>> server. Or is self-hosting the only acceptable solution? From recent
>> mail it looks likes we may be up and running on Hg fairly soon.
>
> I know of two medium sized projects (smaller than CPython) that are
> switching away from BitBucket's free services because of their poor
> reliability.

Me too, but I am pretty sure the reliability is going to drastically
change in the upcoming months. If Atlassian took over this probably
means Bitbucket will have more people to work on the project and some
help from the Atlassian Ops. That's really a good news !

Although, I am also -1 because of the hooks management issues that were raised

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org