[Python-Dev] We should be using a tool for code reviews

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Sep 29 20:41:25 CEST 2010

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:32:19 -0700
Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> I would like to recommend that the Python core developers start using
> a code review tool such as Rietveld or Reviewboard. I don't really
> care which tool we use (I'm sure there are plenty of pros and cons to
> each) but I do think we should get out of the stone age and start
> using a tool for the majority of our code reviews.

He, several of us would like it too (although for short patches it
doesn't really make a difference), but what's missing is some kind of
Roundup integration. Something as trivial as a "start review" button in
front of every uploaded patch file would do the trick; it has been
suggested several times already, but what's needed is someone to write
the code :)

Regards

Antoine.