[Python-Dev] We should be using a tool for code reviews

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Sep 29 23:30:10 CEST 2010

One other thought: IME patches in general are suboptimal to branches, so I
think we should be encouraging people to publish their branches publicly for
review.  A diff is a decent way to get feedback about code changes, but that's
often only part of the work involved in deciding whether a change should be
accepted or not.  A reviewer often wants to do a build with the changes, test
them on various tasks and application, run the test suite, etc.  For this,
"merge" is much better than patch(1).

-Barry