[Python-Dev] We should be using a tool for code reviews

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Sep 29 23:35:02 CEST 2010

> While I would personally love to see Rietveld declared the official
> core Python code review tool, I realize that since I wrote as a Google
> engineer and it is running on Google infrastructure (App Engine), I
> can't be fully objective about the tool choice -- even though it is
> open source, has several non-Googler maintainers, and can be run
> outside App Engine as well.

I considered having roundup post all patches to Rietveld (trust me
that I can solve the "what branch and revision problem").

However, the stumbling block is access control - I don't know how
to get roundup to post to Rietveld, "anonymously", so to speak.

So perhaps we should just run our own Rietveld instance next to Roundup.

Regards,
Martin