[Python-Dev] We should be using a tool for code reviews

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Sep 30 00:02:09 CEST 2010

>> So perhaps we should just run our own Rietveld instance next to Roundup.
>
> Would it be possible to sync up the reitveld issue numbers with the
> roundup ones if you did that?

Most certainly. However, this works fairly well today already. If you
put [issueNNNN] into the Rietveld subject, it can already synchronize
with roundup (even though it would use different issue numbers).

For a local copy of Rietveld, I could certainly arrange it to use the
very same numbers.

> Or would the fact that a single issue
> can have multiple attached patches prevent that?

No, Rietveld can deal with multiple patch sets fine (not sure how it
fares when they are unrelated patches, since it also computes deltas
between subsets - but apparently only for the same files).

Regards,
Martin