[Python-Dev] hg conversion: tags

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Sep 30 00:15:43 CEST 2010

> I don't know how hg manages this, but can't we preserve the tag
> information of the tags that you've scheduled to be removed
> in some place that can easily be pulled in but doesn't
> affect the main repo size ?

Most certainly, and this is the plan already: we will keep the
subversion repository data "forever".

If you want the CVS repository from the day when it was converted
to subversion, you can still get it from

http://svn.python.org/snapshots/python-cvsroot-final.tar.bz2

(Created 27-Oct-2005 04:34, FWIW, so we are close to 5 years
into subversion usage. Given that the "public" usage of the CVS
started in 2000, we should start to look into the hg successor
around 2013, for a switchover in Oktober 2015 :-).

Regards,
Martin