[Python-Dev] We should be using a tool for code reviews

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:12:08 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 07:45:52AM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> Somewhat amusing to get to this thread a few minutes after creating a
> Reitveld issue for the first pass of my urllib.parse patch :)

Hello Nick, could you please point me to that?

Also, in general here are my points on Code Review using Rietveld.

I think, Martin already indicated that Roundup can post to Rietveld
instance. That should really be helpful.

I imagine a work-flow like this.

1. Contributor creates a patch and uploads to Roundup tracker.
2. If the patch is very small or does not require review, the
committer can just commit it.
3. If the patch does review review, one can click a link to do
"Patch Review" wherein only at the moment, the Patch is POSTed the
rietveld instance and is available for review.

--
Senthil

"I went to the museum where they had all the heads and arms from the
statues that are in all the other museums."
		-- Steven Wright