[Python-Dev] We should be using a tool for code reviews

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Sep 30 17:48:36 CEST 2010

> The hard part is encouraging contributors to find the time and
> motivation to thoroughly review code that they aren't personally
> interested in (and perhaps not even familiar with).

Not sure how well 'tit for tat' schemes work - we *could* require
that people don't commit unreviewed changes, and also require that
you can't commit unless you have reviewed somebody else's changes.

So if you do 10 reviews, you are entitled to 10 commits...

Of course, that would put more burden on those people who already
do all the work.

Regards,
Martin