[Python-Dev] Please revert autofolding of tracker edit form

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Apr 1 04:18:07 CEST 2011

    Terry> Even though such is standard for the majority of web fora?

I participate in a couple different web forums (914s and swimming).  Both
present their topics in chronological order and provide a link at the top of
every page which jumps the user to the first unread message (no matter how
many pages there are in the thread or where you happen to be at the moment).

Reverse chronological order is a nightmare for anybody trying to bring
themselves up-to-speed for the first time on a long discussion.  In my mind,
the only place where reverse order makes sense is in cases where messages
rapidly become less important as they age.  Think following the Japanese
earthquake/tsunami aftermath.

Skip