[Python-Dev] Please revert autofolding of tracker edit form

Westley Martínez anikom15 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 05:44:46 CEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 21:18 -0500, skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Terry> Even though such is standard for the majority of web fora?
>
> I participate in a couple different web forums (914s and swimming).  Both
> present their topics in chronological order and provide a link at the top of
> every page which jumps the user to the first unread message (no matter how
> many pages there are in the thread or where you happen to be at the moment).
>
> Reverse chronological order is a nightmare for anybody trying to bring
> themselves up-to-speed for the first time on a long discussion.  In my mind,
> the only place where reverse order makes sense is in cases where messages
> rapidly become less important as they age.  Think following the Japanese
> earthquake/tsunami aftermath.
>
> Skip

Exactly; my blog is in reverse chronological order because it's more of
a news bulletin and less of a discussion thread.  As for the comment
box, why not have it at the top AND bottom.  The top could have the
entire form and the bottom could have just a small quick-reply box, or
perhaps a back to top button (which probably exists already).