[Python-Dev] faulthandler is now part of Python 3.3

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Fri Apr 1 19:39:30 CEST 2011

Victor Stinner wrote:
> I pushed my faulthandler module into the default branch (Python 3.3).
> Since one week, I fixed a lot of bugs (platform issues), improved the
> tests and Antoine wrote a new implementation of dump_backtraces_later()
> using a thread (instead of SIGALRM+alarm()). It should now work on all
> platforms (but register() is not available on Windows).

I apologize -- I'm not going to have time to test this myself, and I'm
really curious to know if it works:

Issue11603 describes a problem where Python either hangs or crashes
depending on Python version/OS version... does the faulthandler work for
this problem?

Remodeling-at-home-and-swamped-at-work-ly yours,
~Ethan~