[Python-Dev] The path module PEP

Tung Wai Yip wy at tungwaiyip.info
Sat Apr 2 17:55:28 CEST 2011

Hello BJörn,

Like you I've used the Path module one time or another. It is an excellent
concept to refactor the confusing collection of file handling methods. I
have not used it consistently, mainly because the module has not been
maintained and it is not in the standard library as it should be.

I have found a proposal on PEP from a while ago. I wonder what is the
status of it?

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-January/060026.html

Are you still actively using Python and the Path module? I have a couple
of ideas that might improve it further. I hope to find enough fans of it
polished it.

Cheer,

Wai Yip