[Python-Dev] Pass possibly imcompatible options to distutil's ccompiler

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Apr 13 19:04:26 CEST 2011

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:25:59 +0900, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 7:41 AM, Lukas Lueg <lukas.lueg at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Any other ideas on how to solve this in a better way?
> >
> > Have you tried with distutils2? If it can't help you, it should really
> > be looked into before the packaging API is locked for 3.3.
>
> distutil2 is almost identical to distutils as far as compilation goes,
> so I am not sure why it would help the OP.

As I read it, Nick's thought wasn't that distutils2 would help the OP,
but that the OP could help Distutils2 and the community by taking his
use case to the developers and making sure that that use case is
supported before the release of packaging in 3.3.

--
R. David Murray           http://www.bitdance.com