[Python-Dev] PEP 399: Pure Python/C Accelerator Module Compatibiilty Requirements

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 15:53:56 CEST 2011

On 17 April 2011 06:32, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
> I don't think the PEP is asking this either (or if it is I agree it
> shouldn't be).  The way to get full branch coverage (and yes Exarkun is
> right, this is about individual branches; see coverage.py --branch)

One thing I'm definitely uncomfortable about is expressing the
requirement in a way that depends on a non-stdlib module
(coverage.py). Should coverage.py be added to the stdlib if we're
going to take test coverage as a measure? Hmm, maybe it goes without
saying, but does coverage.py work on Jython, IronPython, etc? (A quick
google search actually indicates that there might be some issues still
to be resolved...)

Paul.