[Python-Dev] PEP 399: Pure Python/C Accelerator Module Compatibiilty Requirements

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Mon Apr 18 18:32:51 CEST 2011

 Hi,

> We try very hard to optimize for usual python idioms. They're very
> often much better than specific cpython hacks. Unless you mean things
> like rebiding a global into default a "pythonic idiom". We had to
> rewrite places in standard library which are precisely not very
> pythonic.

 If I understand correctly, you’ve made internal changes preserving the
 official API of the modules.  Have you reported those cases to
 bugs.python.org?  I’m sure we’d be glad to incorporate those changes
 into the stdlib, possibly even in the stable branches if their
 rationale
 is strong enough.

 Regards