[Python-Dev] Simple XML-RPC server over SSL/TLS

Marc Garcia garcia.marc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 20:37:04 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I'm working on a project where I'm using Python's simple XML-RPC server [1]
on Python 3.x. I need to use it over TLS, which is not possible directly,
but it's pretty simple to implement extending few classes of the standard
library.

But what I would like to know, is if is there any reason why XML-RPC can't
optionally work over TLS/SSL using Python's ssl module. I'll create a
ticket, and send a patch, but I was wondering if it was a reason why this
was not implemented.

Cheers,
  Marc

1. http://docs.python.org/dev/library/xmlrpc.server.html