[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython (2.7): Fix closes Issue12722 - link heapq source in the text format in the

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 23:02:42 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 21:55, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

>>     Latest version of the `heapq Python source code
>>
>> -<http://svn.python.org/view/python/branches/release27-maint/Lib/heapq.py?view=markup>`_
>>
>> +<http://svn.python.org/view/*checkout*/python/branches/release27-maint/Lib/heapq.py?content-type=text%2Fplain>`_
>
> Should links be to the hg repository instead of svn?
> Is svn updated from hg?
> I thought is was (mostly) historical read-only.

I made the same remark to Senthil on IRC, and came out that web
frontend for hg.p.o doesn't allow for a nice way to specify a branch
(different than 'default'), it's something like
hg.python.org/cpython/<last cset id on a given branch>/path/to/file.py
which is almost always outdated :)

What do we use to provide the web part of hg.p.o? maybe we can just
ask the developers of this tool to provide (or advertize) a proper way
to select a branch. If some can provide me some info, I can do the
"ask the devs" part.

Cheers,