[Python-Dev] Status of the PEP 400? (deprecate codecs.StreamReader/StreamWriter)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Aug 12 00:21:20 CEST 2011

On 8/11/2011 3:31 PM, Victor Stinner wrote:

> (...)
>>
>> +1
>
> Ok, most people prefer this option. Should I modify the PEP to "move"
> this option has the first/main proposition (move my proposition as an
> alternative?), or can the PEP be validated in the current state?

I would relabel the above as the Minimal Change Alternative or M.A.L.
alternative or whatever and possibly move it but in any case note that
Guido (and others) accepted that alternative with consideration of more
drastic changes deferred to later. And add an explicit reference to the
email you quoted.

--
Terry Jan Reedy