[Python-Dev] Packaging in Python 2 anyone ?

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 11:41:47 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I am lacking of time right now to finish an important task before 3.2
final is out: we need to release "packaging" as a standalone release
under Python 2.x and Python 3.1, to gather as much feedback as we can
from more people.

Doing an automated conversion turned out to be a nightmare, and I was
about to go ahead and maintain a fork of the packaging package, with
the few modules that are needed (sysconfig, etc) within a standalone
release.

I am looking for someone that has some free time and that is willing
to lead this work.

3.2 can go out without this work of course, but it would be *much*
better to have that feedback

If you are interested, please let me know.

Cheers
Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org