[Python-Dev] Packaging in Python 2 anyone ?

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Thu Aug 18 20:02:45 CEST 2011

Le 18/08/2011 18:19, Vinay Sajip a écrit :
> Antoine Pitrou <solipsis <at> pitrou.net> writes:
>> That said, I'm not sure it was the best moment to backport, since
>> test_packaging currently fails under Windows (I think Éric is supposed
>> to look at it).

I will; any help is welcome, especially if you have a machine with the
same Windows version (see #12678). I caught Georg’s message on
python-committers but could not do anything in time; I only have
Internet access at a public library so I can’t be as responsive as I would.

> Plus, there are at least half a dozen issues which would need to be addressed in
> packaging before final release, but they are not complete show-stoppers and
> won't preclude 2.x users giving useful feedback.

Yes, there are a few dozen bugs that need addressing before 1.0 (i.e.
Python 3.3), but there’s time.  Alpha and beta releases of distutils2
would be useful.

Regards