[Python-Dev] Call for participants: Windows Python security experts

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Aug 22 17:44:29 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

The Python security team is a small group of core Python developers who triage
and respond to vulnerability reports sent to security at python.org.  We get all
kinds of reports, for which we try to provide guidance and feedback, review
patches, etc.  Python being as secure as it is, traffic is fairly low. :)

We have a dearth of Windows expertise on the team though, so I am putting out
a call for participants.  If you are an expert on Python for Windows operating
systems and can make judgments about the validity of security reports for the
platform, please contact us.  Core developers are preferred, but motivation
and available time is paramount.  You're welcome to apply even if you're not a
Windows expert, if you have the time and ability to help out in general.

If you're interested, you can reach the team at security at python.org.

Cheers,
-Barry