[Python-Dev] LZMA compression support in 3.3

Nadeem Vawda nadeem.vawda at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 23:38:43 CEST 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM, Dan Stromberg <drsalists at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like there should be some way of coming up with an xml file
> describing the types of the various bits of data and formal arguments -
> perhaps using gccxml or something like it.

The problem is that you would need to do this check at runtime, every time
you load up the library - otherwise, what happens if the user upgrades
their installed copy of liblzma? And we can't expect users to have the
liblzma headers installed, so we'd have to try and figure out whether the
library was ABI-compatible from the shared object alone; I doubt that this
is even possible.