[Python-Dev] Planned PEP status changes

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:55:51 CEST 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 2:35 AM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 19:42, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Unless I hear any objections, I plan to adjust the current PEP
>> statuses as follows some time this weekend:
>>
>> Move from Accepted to Finished:
>>
>>    389  argparse - New Command Line Parsing Module              Bethard
>>    391  Dictionary-Based Configuration For Logging              Sajip
>>    3108  Standard Library Reorganization                         Cannon
>
> <sigh> I had always hoped to get profile/cProfile taken care of, but
> obviously that just didn't ever happen. So no objection, just a slight
> sting from the reminder of why the PEP was left open.

After starting to write a justification for marking the PEP as Final
despite the outstanding TODO items, I realised that didn't make a lot
of sense, so I left it at Accepted instead. So your call if you want
to say "not gonna happen" and close it out anyway.

I made the other 4 changes though (argparse, logging.dictConfig, new
super -> Final, Unladen Swallow -> Withdrawn).

Cheers,
Nick.