[Python-Dev] STM and python

Matt Joiner anacrolix at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 06:32:59 CET 2011

Armin, thanks for weighing in on this. I'm keen to see a CPython
making use of STM, maybe I'll give it a try over Christmas break. I'm
willing to take the single threaded performance hit, as I have several
applications that degrade due to significant contention with the GIL.

The other benefits of STM you describe make it a lot more appealing. I
actually tried out Haskell recently to make use of many of the
advanced features but came crawling back.

If anyone else is keen to try this, I'm happy to receive patches for
testing and review.

--
ಠ_ಠ