[Python-Dev] Style guide for FAQs?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Dec 3 21:39:03 CET 2011

Hello,

I notice that some FAQs are not only outdated but seem to favour a
writing style that's quite lengthy and full of anecdotal details.
It seems to me that there is value in giving terse answers in FAQs (we
have - or should have - reference documentation where things are
explained in more detail).

One primary example is the performance question:
file:///home/antoine/cpython/32/Doc/build/html/faq/programming.html#my-program-is-too-slow-how-do-i-speed-it-up

It mixes a couple of generalities with incredibly specific suggestions
such as early binding of methods or use of default argument values to
fold constants. I think a beginner reading this entry won't get any
meaningful information out of it.

Any advice on whether it's ok to hack and slash into the fat? :)

Regards

Antoine.