[Python-Dev] Inconsistent script/console behaviour

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Dec 21 03:14:05 CET 2011

anatoly techtonik writes:

 > Fernando clearly showed that IPython rocks, because CPython suxx.

<sigh/>

No, IPython rocks because it focuses on doing one thing well:
providing an interactive environment that takes advantage of the many
features that Python provides in support.  CPython should do the same:
specifically, focus on the *language* that we all consider excellent
but still can be improved, and on the (still) leading implementation
of the language and the stdlib.[1]

 > so as a python-dev subscriber you should be ashamed of yourself for
 > this proposal already. ;)

ROTFLMAO!  No, I still think you're making an awfully big deal of
something that doesn't need fixing, and I wish you would stop.

Footnotes:
[1]  Note that this *is* *one* task, because CPython has chosen a
definition of "language excellence" that includes prototype
implementation of proposed language features and "batteries
included".