[Python-Dev] Fwd: Anyone still using Python 2.5?

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Wed Dec 21 09:55:34 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 08:16, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> What's the general consensus on supporting Python 2.5 nowadays?
>
> Do people still have to use this in commercial environments or is
> everyone on 2.6+ nowadays?

This seems rather off-topic for python-dev.

FWIW, on Gentoo we're just now getting to dropping 2.4, so we'll
support 2.5 quite a bit longer. That's also the tendency I see from
the ecosystem, at least insofar as I notice. On the other hand, we've
had 2.7 as the default python on our stable branch since March 2011. I
also know Mercurial is still supporting 2.4 (they tend to be
conservative about dropping support for old releases).

Cheers,

Dirkjan