[Python-Dev] Anyone still using Python 2.5?

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 08:56:47 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 4:49 AM, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk>wrote:

> On 22 Dec 2011, at 01:25, Mark Hammond wrote:
>
> > FWIW, the most recent version of pywin32 has the following download
> counts (rounded to the nearest thousand)
> >
> > Version 32bit       64bit
> > -------------------------
> > 3.2 -  75,000       9,000
> > 3.1 -   4,000       1,000
> > 2.7 - 126,000      16,000
> > 2.6 -  46,000       6,000
> > 2.5 -  21,000         n/a
> > 2.4 -   3,000         n/a
> > 2.3 -   1,000         n/a
> >
> > So ISTM that 2.5 isn't hugely popular these days, but also isn't
> insignificant.  It probably means I could "safely" drop 2.3 and 2.4 support
> though...
> >

> These figures can't possibly be true. No-one is using Python 3 yet. ;-)

python.org should have a poll/settings for active python.org accounts to
allow people mark when they switch to Python 3.

FWIW I heard a few days ago about a UK government department, HMGCC (Her
> Majesty's Government Communication Centre - based in Milton Keynes), who
> use Python for research projects. They switched to using Python 3 a while
> ago.

 if that == True:
     front_page.response(news_template.render("News About Her Majesty
switched to Python 3"))

Can't stand to do a +1 for the news item.

All the best,