[Python-Dev] devguide: Basic instructions on how to generate a patch with hg for non-committers.

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 00:21:02 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> I would rather not have new hg users have to install an extension just
> to get a simple workflow going.

I may still keep my Rdiff-based FAQ entry around as an example of how
to get a collapsed diff regardless of personal workflow, though.

Installing Rdiff was actually pretty easy, and I get the impression
that becoming comfortable with adding the extensions that suit your
personal workflow is a key part in getting Mercurial to really work
for you. We won't do people any favours if we try to pretend that
isn't the case.

Cheers,
Nick.