[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r88395 - python/branches/py3k/Lib/asyncore.py

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Tue Feb 15 02:15:52 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:45 AM,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
> As far as the difficulties of "finding" the good ideas in Twisted goes,
> there are several people familiar with Twisted already contributing to this
> thread.  Between us all, I'm sure we can dig out the insidiously buried
> secrets.  As I mentioned before, I've also started a PEP myself to lay bare
> the mysteries.  I may try working on it some more, since there seems to be
> some interest.

So far in this discussion (I'm not really contributing very much) I agree
with several things:

a) We should have a PEP outlining the proposed new "async" lib.
b) It should be general purpose enough to use without Twisted (for example)

I like the idea of having an "async" core in the std. lib that takes care
of cross-platform polling of I/O descriptors, notifications and timers.

cheers
James

--
-- James Mills