[Python-Dev] 3.2.0

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 03:08:17 CET 2011

On Feb 16, 2011, at 2:39 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>> On Feb 16, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
>>
>>> I would like the next release called 3.2.0 rather than just 3.2.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> (I'd have said +0 for the humor of it :).
>
> +0
>
> I actually *am* only +0, since I like the idea in principle, but it is
> Georg, Ronald and Martin that would need to do the work, and I'm not
> sure it's a great idea to be messing with it a couple of days out from
> the release. So it may be better to do this for 3.3.0, rather than
> 3.2.0.

The basic idea is reasonable, but it's a little late in the game to make
any changes.  This is ready to ship and we're doing our best
to make no changes at all to RC3.

The web page and announcement can say 3.2.0 but I'm opposed to
changing anything in the release at this point.  We have some
real bugfixes that we're delaying until 3.2.1, so why would we
make an exception for a non-essential changes such as this.

Raymond