[Python-Dev] Distutils2 next steps

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 08:41:51 CET 2011

Hello

Now that Python 3.2 is out, I am planning to do the following with Distutils2:

1 - release a new alpha before Pycon for community feedback
2 - add distutils2 back in the trunk, along with the changes in
pkgutil and sysconfig
3 - continue the ongoing work in Distutils2 to prepare the first
Python 3.3 release

If you want me to give more details here on what is going to be done
precisely in the various stdlib parts, let me know.

I plan to do 2. as a sprint task, and will be looking for help from
other core devs, for reviews, advices etc. So if anyone is interested
and present at Pycon, please add your name at
http://us.pycon.org/2011/sprints/projects under the "Disttuils2"
project.

Thanks !

Cheers