[Python-Dev] Strange error importing a Pickle from 2.7 to 3.2

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:21:02 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> Jesus Cea writes:
>
>  > Every time I read a message from [long, incomplete<wink> list] and
>  > so many others python-devs (not an exhaustive list, if you are not
>  > there, you probably should, sorry :), I feel I am faking my
>  > knowledge of Python :-). I am a pretender :).
>
> Sure.  I suspect even some of those *on* the list feel that way
> sometimes.  That's what's so great about the list, the people who
> contribute!

I personally feel that way every time I realise just how much of the
standard library I have never even seriously looked at (let alone
used) and how much more there is to the Python ecosystem than just
CPython (subscribing to Planet Python and the python tag on Stack
Overflow has been truly eye opening in that regard).

Heck, some day I may even get around to learning how to build a proper
Python package ;)

Cheers,
Nick.