[Python-Dev] Link to issue tracker

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Feb 23 20:53:40 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:21:58 -0800
Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:52, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 10:30:54 -0800
> > Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> > > I won't add the link back, but I will try to change the global link on
> > the
> > > website to point to the devguide. python.org/dev/ at this point exists
> > > purely to not break pre-existing links.
> >
> > There are items there that are out of scope for the dev guide
> > (e.g. "Python.org Maintenance and Administration").
> > Also, I do believe that being able to report a bug immediately is very
> > important. Reporting a bug doesn't mean you want to contribute code; it
> > just means you've found an issue and would like the community to know
> > (and possibly fix it).
> >

> Those are all linked from the devguide in the Resources section. IOW that
> sidebar is in the index doc already.

Yes, but I think it would be better if that link was more proeminent,
either on python.org, or in the devguide. Currently it has become much
less visible (you have to scroll down a page or two and hunt it in that
section named "resources", assuming you know it is there at all).

Of course, the Web site in general is not that good at presenting
useful information first ;)

Regards

Antoine.