[Python-Dev] Link to issue tracker

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Feb 23 21:51:36 CET 2011

> But python.org/dev/ <http://python.org/dev/> is a dead page. I was
> trying to avoid adding a redirect for python.org/dev/
> <http://python.org/dev/> as I was afraid that it would lead to the
> website doing something silly like redirecting everything below that
> URL, but obviously this can continue since people seem to think that
> python.org/dev/ <http://python.org/dev/> has anything useful on it
> (which it does not).

Well, *I* ran into the problem because I hadn't reloaded the main page,
and "Core Development" would still point to /dev.

Now that I see that "Core Development" points to /devguide,
I change my request to "please add the tracker link to the side menu
of /devguide" (preferably along with a source repository link,
and a linked title "More" going to #resources).

As for redirects: it's certainly possible to redirect ^/dev$ to
/devguide, leaving /dev..* alone. I can set this up if you want me to.

Regards,
Martin