[Python-Dev] Strange error importing a Pickle from 2.7 to 3.2

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Feb 23 23:21:56 CET 2011

Alexander Belopolsky wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 4:54 PM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> ..
>> Yet 108 for the correct name, so I can't follow your statement
>> that the wrong variant is used more often.
>
> Hmm, your grepping skills are probably better than mine. I get
>

> $ grep -iw latin-1 Lib/*.py | wc -l
>       24
>
> and
>
> $ grep -iw latin1 Lib/test/*.py | wc -l
>       25
>
> (I did get spurious hits with naive "grep latin1", so I retract my
> "more often" claim and just say that both spellings are equally
> common.)

I used a Python script based on re, perhaps that's why :-)

grep only counts lines, not multiple instances on a single line
and looking through the hits I found, there are a few false
positives such as 'latin-10' or 'iso-latin-1'. Without those,
I get 83 hits.

If you open a ticket for this, I'll add the list of hits to
that ticket.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 23 2011)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/