[Python-Dev] Let's get PEP 380 into Python 3.3

Joao S. O. Bueno jsbueno at python.org.br
Sat Feb 26 01:58:40 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> From: Guido van Rossum
>
>> (OTOH I am not much enamored with cofunctions, PEP 3152.)
>
> That's okay, I don't like it much myself in its current form.
> I plan to revisit it at some point, but there's no hurry.

I've just gone through PEP 3152 - and the first though that occurred me is
that a decorator is perfectly usable instead of the new proposed
keyword "codef".
(It would need to be able to set special attributes in the function to
indicate its nature)
Besides not adding a new keyword, it would allow for different
(concurrently running? ) types of
co-functions to be created and benefit from the other mechanisms.

But maybe considerations about this should be take place on python-ideas only?