[Python-Dev] Mercurial conversion repositories

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Feb 26 15:57:16 CET 2011

On 26/02/2011 14:44, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>>> +1. People will recognize "trunk" as a svn think. If that doesn't
>>> clue them in, they will ask, and every other person will know.
>> But why not choose a name where they don't even have to ask?
> Doesn't "trunk" represent exactly what it is (the former SVN trunk)?
> Other names would probably be less exact or less precise.

Well, except for the prevalence of "trunk" as terminology to mean "place
where current development happens". It will lead to odd conversations
like:  "is trunk the trunk?", "no trunk is what used to be trunk,
default is now trunk".

Renaming it "legacy-trunk" is no less precise, but more explicative.

Michael