[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: improve license

Tim Delaney timothy.c.delaney at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 21:32:05 CET 2011

On 27 February 2011 05:12, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> I guess it's possible for change notifications to encompass multiple named
> branches though, right?  I'm not sure what to do about that, but it seems
> like
> a less common use case.

Are the change notifications per-commit? If so, there's no way that a single
change notification could be for more than one named branch.

If the notifications are per-pull/per-push, then yes it could be for
multiple branches.

In either case, it should definitely be possible to put the name(s) of the
branches in the change notifications - in either type of hook you can
inspect the changesets and determine what branch they are on.

Tim Delaney