[Python-Dev] Mercurial conversion repositories

Daniel Stutzbach stutzbach at google.com
Sun Feb 27 00:08:19 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> There is hg-git, but that is hg on top of git.

Actually, hg-git is bidirectional.  The hg-git documentation is written from
the perspective of an hg client talking to a git server, but for a DVCS
"client" and "server" are  a matter of perspective.

I spent some time on Friday setting up hg-git on my workstation and making a
few test commits.  It took me awhile to figure out how to get everything
working, but it seems to work smoothly now.  At some point I'll update
http://wiki.python.org/moin/Git with instructions.

--
Daniel Stutzbach